First 414 words of the document:
Abuzar Arjomandnia 10Y1 Triple science
Step by step guide to Blood Transfusions
Condition: Vaginal Bleeding during Later Pregnancy
1. Firstly before anything is carried out you need to prepare the necessary equipments.
2. After you have prepared the equipments needed you can then record the Woman's
temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiration level, fluid intake and finally her urine output.
3. Make sure that the woman has an infusion of normal saline or Ringer's Lactate running.
4. Then you have to wash your hands and dry them put new examination or highlevel
disinfected surgical gloves on both hands.
5. Afterwards, check the label on the unit of blood and the antigen donated by a donor to be
transfused to make sure that it matches the recipient's blood group you need to have
another member of staff to double check this with you.
6. Next, you need to attach a blood infusion set to the unit of blood.
7. At that time, you have to open the clamp on the tubing of the blood infusion set and allow
the blood to run through to the end of the tubing.
8. Attach the tubing to the needle or cannula at the infusion site:
Detach the tubing containing the normal saline infusion.
Immediately attach the tubing from the blood infusion set
9. Then, regulate the clamp on the tubing so that the blood is running at a rate of 2060
10. Later on, Immerse both gloved hands in 0.5% chlorine solution. Remove gloves by turning
them inside out.
If disposing of gloves, place them in a leak proof container or plastic bag.
If reusing surgical gloves, submerge them in 0.5% chlorine solution for decontamination.
11. Now wash your hands and dry them using a cloth or etc.
12. You need to do the following one more time: record the Woman's temperature, pulse,
blood pressure, respiration level and fluid intake.
13. Record the following information on the woman's chart 15 minutes after starting the
transfusion and then every hour during the transfusion: record the Woman's temperature,
pulse, blood pressure, respiration level and fluid intake and the urine output.
14. After completing the transfusion, you also need to record the time of completion of the
transfusion, the volume and type of blood products transfused, unique number of donation
products transfused any adverse effects of the transfusion.