Slides in this set
Fermentation of milk
1. All equipment is sterilised to kill off any unwanted
2. Milk is pasteurised (heated up to 72 degrees for 15
minutes) to kill off any unwanted microorganisms.
3. A starter culture of bacteria is added and the mixture
is incubated in a fermenter.
4. Bacteria ferments the lactose sugar to form lactic
acid, which clots the milk and solidifies it to produce
5. Then flavours and fruits are added.…read more
Fermentation of soya sauce
1. Roasted wheat and cooked soya beans are mixed
2. The mixture is fermented by aspergillus fungus.
3. The mixture is fermented by yeast.
4. The mixture is fermented by lactobacillus
5. The mixture is filtered to remove any gungy bits.
6. Finally the mixture is pasteurised to kill off any
unwanted microorganisms and put into sterile