Slides in this set
SAFE PRACTICE IN THE STUDIO
Space Injury prevention/treatment
· No obstruction. PREVENTION:
· Properly fitting clothes
· Sprung floors. · Proper warm up & cool down
· Correct technique
· Height of the room.
· Temperature & Ventilation · Protection,
Diet / Hydration Energy / Exhaustion
· Protein build & repair of muscles.
· Complex Carbohydrates Longer to · Small breaks during
break down, release energy rehearsal food and
efficiently. fluids to be consumed.
· Water Hydrates body
(Dehydration leads to cramps)
· Fruit & Veg Helps Bone repair.…read more
Warm up Cool Down
- Wake up muscles. - Less likely to suffer cramps.
- Muscles more easily stretched. - Prevents pooling of blood, which
- Warms up body. can cause soreness, fainting and
- Dynamic stretching. - Static Stretching (of muscles used
- Jogging for a few minutes at during rehearsal).
slow rate. - Reduce intensity of aerobic
- Dance like movement such as exercise E.G. From jogging to
travelling / bouncing gently. walking.
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BODY? WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BODY?
- Increase in heart rate. - Helps relax muscles and increases
- Increases blood flow to muscles. flexibility.
- Speeds up rate of transmission - Spreads out / Removes lactic acid
of nerve impulses (better (avoid cramping).
coordination). - Return of blood to the heart.…read more
COMMUNICATION OF DANCE IDEA TECHNICAL SKILLS
Preparation for jumps
Why are Correct alignment
PERFORMANCE SKILLS PERFORMING WITH OTHERS
Timing Use of space
Why are Why are
used? used?…read more