Slides in this set
Atoms, Elements and Compounds
· All substances are made of atoms
· Some substances are made up of only one type
of atom. They are called elements.
· As there are only about 100 types of atoms,
there are only about 100 types of element.
· Substances that have two different types of
atoms are called compounds
· They form compounds by giving, taking or
sharing electrons.…read more
Limestone and its uses
· Limestone is a rock made mainly from
calcium carbonate (CaCO3).
· Powdered limestone heated strongly with
glass and sodium carbonate makes glass.
· Powdered limestone heated with
powdered clay makes cement.
· Cement powder mixed with water, sand
and crushed rock makes concrete.…read more