First 505 words of the document:
APT's Practice Examination Questions
1. To what extent is SLSL's revenue objective realistic?
2. Evaluate how specific objectives might contribute to SLSL's success.
3. Evaluate which stakeholder groups are likely to be the most influential in the achievement of
SLSL's revenue objective.
4. Evaluate possible actions SLSL could take to facilitate the achievement of its revenue
5. Discuss the role of strategic management in achieving SLSL's objective.
6. Discuss the role of strategic management in helping to make the strategic decisions facing
7. Evaluate the information provided in Tables 1 to 5 as an aid to strategic decision making
8. Discuss how the strategic direction of SLSL might be affected by the opening up of another
estate agency in Stamton.
9. Evaluate the effectiveness of SLSL's marketing strategy.
10. Discuss how changes in macroeconomic factors might affect the ability of SLSL to achieve its
11. Discuss how changes in macroeconomic factors might affect the strategic behaviour of SLSL.
12. Evaluate key external influences likely to affect the future success of SLSL.
13. Discuss the importance of ethical behaviour to the success of an estate agency such as SLSL.
14. Recommend whether SLSL should introduce a branch based bonus linked to sales. Justify your
15. SLSL has decided to implement a branch based bonus based on sales. Recommend how the
proposed change to the bonus system might be implemented.
16. Evaluate Alistair's proposal to change SLSL's fee structure.
17. Using Fig. 1 calculate how long it took to sell the property and determine the critical path.
18. Using Fig. 1 calculate how long it took to sell the property and determine the critical path, if
the viewings took 82 days, the buyer had to wait 61 days to secure finance, and completion
took 10 days.
19. SLSL have produced a diagrammatical representation (in days) of a typical sale. Critically
discuss the use of such analytical tools in helping SLSL identify ways to speed up the purchase
20. Recommend and justify a strategy which could reduce the offer to completion time.
21. Evaluate the option of diversifying into lettings management for SLSL.
22. Should SLSL move away from the high street to become a website only estate agency?
Justify your answer.
23. Should SLSL expand into Market Harworth? Justify your answer.
24. Should SLSL move into Market Harworth as a fourth branch or as a replacement for one of
the existing branches? Justify your view.
25. Evaluate the factors SLSL should consider before deciding whether or not to expand into
Market Harworth/ move into Market Harworth as a fourth branch or as a replacement for
one of the existing branches.
26. Discuss the extent to which different stakeholder groups might be able to influence SLSL's
decision over a move into Market Harworth.
27. Discuss the extent to which different stakeholders would regard SLSL as a successful