Slides in this set
Where & what happened?
DATE : 11-03-2011, 2.45pm
LOCATION : near the east
coast of Honshu, Japan .
Strength: 9.0 on the Richer
Epicentre : occurred in the
western Pacific Ocean:
occurred in the western
Pacific Ocean, 130 kilometers
east of Sendai: occurred in
the western Pacific Ocean,
130 kilometers east of
Sendai, Honshu .
two hundred aftershocks of magnitude 4.5 or greater
occurred since the initial quake .…read more
· 688 reported deaths and at least
10,000 people reported missing .
· heavy damage to roads and railways
· Fires in many areas
· a dam collapse
· 4.4 million households in
northeastern Japan were left without
electricity and 1.4 million without
· at least two nuclear reactorsat least
two nuclear reactors partially melted
· Planes, cars, trains washed away.
· Houses destroyed…read more