- Proud .
- Honourable .
- "Hold up my body...all the strength in my limbs is gone..."
- "For I am ashamed of what I have said..."
- (Nurse) "D not worry my girl. I shall set this matter right."
- (Nurse)" Rather the act, if the act will save you, than your reputation- your pride in that will lead you to your death." "We must not say things that delight our ears- but what will save our reputation."
- "My third course- since I was failing to win victory over Cypris by these means- was to resolve on death." "May the most baleful of deaths fall on that woman who first set about shaming her marriage bed with men who were not her husband!" "Never may I be found guilty of bringing disgrace upon my husband or the children I have borne."
- "...I leave this life on this very day..."
- "And so I will die with my good name dishonoured." "By telling of my sad plight she has destroyed me."