- Respectful (of other Gods) .
- Powerful .
- Ruthless .
- Callous .
- Narcissistic .
- Conceited .
- "For his offences against me..." (Hippolytus has hurt her pride)
- "It is Artemis...that he honours..."
- "Phaedra must die..." (Doesn't care about Phaedra as collateral, as long as she gets what she wants).
- "For that I bear him no ill will..." (Doesn't care that Hippolytus focuses on Artemis; jealous that he doesn't worship her as well).
- "Not without fame among mortals..." "Those who are arrogant towards me I cast down."
- "His father will kill him..." "The other, Phaedra, must die...."
- "I am determined to make my enemy pay a penalty great enough to satisfy me- her catastrophe is a secondary consideration." "As for the young man who makes war on me, his father will kill him."
- "But for his offences against me I shall in the course of this next day take revenge on Hippolytus."
- "I am called Cypris, a powerful goddess and not without fame among mortals and in heaven."
- I give precedence to those who revere my power."