What Representation is likely to come up in the 2012 OCR Media Paper? Any Predictions?

• 0 votes

JAN 2009: age

June 2009: Gender

Jan 2010: Ethnicity

June 2010: Gender

January 2011: Gender

June2011: Class and Status

These are the past representations which have come up in the OCR media studies exam. Any predictions on what could come up, and what do i talk about if disability or ethnicity or regional identity come up??

Posted Mon 14th May, 2012 @ 17:55 by Lucy

4 Answers

• 2 votes

It's so hard to predict really, in Jan 2012 Sexuality came up, but that doesn't mean it won't come up again. I think your best bet is to just revise them all, but I would love if Age or Gender came up!! For Disability think about the stereotypes, usually there are 2 stereotypes which is either someone who is aggressive about their disability and either isolates themselves or feels isolated because they're disabled, and they have a chip on their shoulder. Then you have the one who just wants to be accepted and is very laidback because they just want to be treated as an equal. In Youtube search 'The Street disability' then see how he acts around people and ALSO look at how people react to him, that's relevant too! As for ethnicity, again think about the general stereotypes of each ethnicity, maybe refer to a Hotel Babylon clip on Youtube which should help you. With regional identity, the first one to think about is the north and south divide, posh and the "country bumpkins", the typical snobbish London stereotype and the dumb and slow farmers (all stereotypes of course - not my opinion!) look at accents too. Hope I helped, good luck for the exam!

Answered Mon 14th May, 2012 @ 18:39 by Sophie
  • 0 votes

this helps so much! thank you!!!

Answered Mon 14th May, 2012 @ 18:45 by Lucy
  • 0 votes

Glad it helped! :) 

Answered Mon 14th May, 2012 @ 19:50 by Sophie
  • 0 votes

How'd you find it? :)
I was really hoping it wouldn't be disability representations :/ 

Answered Tue 15th May, 2012 @ 21:22 by Beth