What are the adaptations of a leaf??
- 0 votes
i have a bio test tomorrow and my friend said this is on the test! i dont have a clue! please helppp
- 1 vote
They are adapted to prevent water loss by...
- Having small leaves to reduce the surface area so less water can be lost by transpiration
- Densly packed spongy mesophyll so less water evaporates into the air spaces
- Thick waxy cuticle
- Closing the stomata when there is not much water available
- Hairs on the surface of the leaf trap water vapour increasing the water vapour potential so less water diffuses out.
- Rolling the leaves and the presence of pits have the same effect as hairs
I don't know if you'll be asked about adaptations for other purposes but these were the ones i needed to learn for my exam. Hope this helps :)