Universities which are specialists in Sports?

  • 0 votes

I want to study sports and history in unversity(i'm still in college) but i don't know what university to pick?**

Posted Wed 28th March, 2012 @ 12:30 by Kirsty

1 Answer

  • 1 vote

Hey, i have just applied to do sports science at uni. The top universities have the best facilities and reserach aswell as teacher standard.

These include:

Exetar, Birmingham, Bath, Loghborough - they are all on the times university tables. These grades are usually AAB-ABB. But most universities offer sports degrees at a high calibre.

However if you prefer specific universites or courses, other uni's may be more suitbale. For example i got into exetar and birmingham but their courses were very science based whereas i am more intrested in the psychology and historical aspects. I have therefore decided to go to winchester uni to study sports studies -  a course more suited to my preferences. It depends if you prefer facilities or the size of uni ... Also, some unis may be great at sport but not so highly ranked at history and vice versa. Go on open days and order prospectuses!

In terms of joint honours, some unis only allow specifc combinations. So, sport science goes well with pyschology etc. however some unis are more flexible. At winchester you can do a joint honours in sports science and history. i suggest you look through the UCAS course finder.

Hope this helps :)

Answered Wed 28th March, 2012 @ 14:54 by Rosie
Edited by Rosie on Wed 28th March, 2012 @ 14:59