Private messaging?

Showing 26 to 50 of 89

Ragnaros the Firelord...your arguments are the best! i am totally behind you!! private messaging would help sooo much...i mean they complain about having general discussions being too 'general'...at least this wouldprevent this...and your point about people giving their emails and other details generally to the public like this is extremely valid!! what happened to internet safety?!

Posted: 31-05-12 18:20 by Namita

lol wrote:

people would start ********* instead of revising, we want help not ****

haha omg i can laugh

Posted: 31-05-12 18:20 by aliimz

ty ^^ its just one of these things ive always wanted on this site and i have to argue for it :p

also LP-FTW £20 i might just take you up on that. XD

Posted: 31-05-12 19:01 by Ragnaros the Firelord

Ragnaros the Firelord wrote:

ty ^^ its just one of these things ive always wanted on this site and i have to argue for it :p

also LP-FTW £20 i might just take you up on that. XD

ha ha...you are welcome xD well...i hope they listen to you! xD

Posted: 31-05-12 19:04 by Namita

yes!!! ragnaros, you're the best! 

Posted: 31-05-12 19:06 by LP-FTW

stp it ur making him blush

Posted: 31-05-12 19:07 by aliimz

ha ha...how do you know?? and anyway...Ragnaros the Firelord deserves it XD

Posted: 31-05-12 19:08 by Namita

omg LP-FTW when i saw dat i cudnt stp laughing oh wait i can now

bluddy hell

Posted: 31-05-12 19:10 by aliimz

ha ha...i love that LP-FTW!! xD thats perfect for Ragnaros the Firelord at the minute :)

Posted: 31-05-12 19:11 by Namita

where is he 

i thnk hes chuffed cuz where all galz 

we wont bite (that hrd)

Posted: 31-05-12 19:12 by aliimz

Poor Ragnaros. Did I embarrass him? 

Posted: 31-05-12 19:14 by LP-FTW

i thnk so 

not

Posted: 31-05-12 19:14 by aliimz

ahhh,,,its a shame he has gone... :P

Posted: 31-05-12 19:16 by Namita

^^ i would have stayed but i had a household issue...

 my kitchen floor collapsed XD

Posted: 01-06-12 00:16 by Ragnaros the Firelord

It would be good, then you could get help faster knowing someone is online and you could just talk to them to get help.  

Posted: 01-06-12 00:36 by ax5za

But then it would be bad because we might get distracted...

Posted: 01-06-12 00:36 by ax5za

asking for help isnt a distraction ^^, typing to a group of people in the forums fror help isnt a distraction, so why would typing to one person be a distraction? :)

Posted: 01-06-12 01:20 by Ragnaros the Firelord

there u go again;)

lol

Posted: 01-06-12 07:48 by aliimz

it wouldn't be much of a distraction. if the person was chatting away than studying then that would be distracting. 

Posted: 01-06-12 09:25 by LP-FTW

I'm not sure about private messaging. I think you should have to "Friend" someone before allowing them to send you a private message to prevent spam and misuse. There would be some benefits though, such as being able to have discussions with someone who is doing the same exam as you.

In the end I don't believe it will be introduced by GR as it carries too many risks. I imagine it would attract the wrong kind of people to the site. I'm sure there's a good reason they got rid of the feature in the first place.

Posted: 01-06-12 09:33 by Lauren

Also, it would create a lot of work for people running the site. They would be constantly having to delete and block accounts of people misusing the site. Obviously they do that now with forums, but there's so much more potential for abuse with private messaging. You've seen how many people troll the forums. I don't really want that direct to an inbox.

Posted: 01-06-12 09:37 by Lauren

Ragnaros the Firelord wrote:

^^ i would have stayed but i had a household issue...

 my kitchen floor collapsed XD

kitchen floor collapseD?! is everyone ok??!!

and as for the 'Friend'-ing people before allowing them to private message you...i think that is a good idea...it might help...?

Posted: 01-06-12 10:24 by Namita

I think we need to ask the question in why GR got rid of private messaging in the first place, if there wasn't really a reason then i don't see why we can't try it out.

Posted: 01-06-12 10:25 by Ragnaros the Firelord

may the odds be ever in your favour xD wrote:

Ragnaros the Firelord wrote:

^^ i would have stayed but i had a household issue...

 my kitchen floor collapsed XD

kitchen floor collapseD?! is everyone ok??!!

and as for the 'Friend'-ing people before allowing them to private message you...i think that is a good idea...it might help...?

 Yes my kitchen floor colapsed :( no one was hurt but it did mean i had to spend 3hours ripping up the entire kitchen floor and because all the beams and floor boards were rotten

:(

Posted: 01-06-12 10:27 by Ragnaros the Firelord