Phew, English Literature 24/05/11: How'd it go?

• 4 votes

I must admit, worst examination in the history of mankind.

Nobody, in my whole year group found this one easy.

But the A* candidates found it a breeze, except for me.

This smells like trouble. How about the rest of the GR community?(fingers crossed)

Posted Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 12:20 by Al

19 Answers

• 3 votes

Not to bad. but thankful its over. going to burn best words, of mice and men and an inspector calls.

HORAY!

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 12:30 by Georgina
  • 3 votes

Was not that bad. Wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. I found the Of mice and men question quite easy, however the same couldnt be said for ANTHOLOGY! But just thing (if you're not taking it for a-level) NO MORE ENGLISH GCSE EVER!!!!!!!!! WOOP! HOPE you all get the grades you deserve and best of luck for your future exams *** :)

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 13:10 by Kelly Founds
  • 1 vote

it was horrible! i am normally ok with english but there was soo much to do in soo little time.

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 12:34 by Rebecca
  • 1 vote

I think it was ok, not as hard as previous exam questions :)  think of mice and men question was confusing, but poems was ok :) 

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 15:54 by banana_fritters
  • 1 vote

I thought it was okay, but I have no idea why I chose to write about places in sonnet and other poems but I am glad its over but like halfway through the exam I really needed to go to the bathroom....it was funny :)... Yay never have to do English again

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 16:06 by Aneesah Sharif
  • 1 vote

i went in thinking i knew nothing and I came out thinking same but wow that was easy the view from a bridge was a bit harder but of mice and men was great cause you got to choose who to talk about!! and i was amazed at how many people didnt get what the poem was about :)

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 16:52 by Lauren Jade Tutchener
Edited by Lauren Jade Tutchener on Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 16:53
  • 1 vote

YAY no more English ever!! :-)

The exam was ok- i found the of mice and men question the hardest though!

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 18:39 by Hannah
  • 0 votes

haha some people in my year finished in like half an hour! i found it ok thougH! :) 

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 12:36 by Edward Pinches
  • 0 votes

It wasn't too bad I guess, wasn't too keen on the Heaney and Clarke poem's though :/

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 12:59 by Rebecca
  • 0 votes

I thought it was okay, but I have no idea why I chose to write about Patrolling Barnegat. I don't even get it.

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 13:09 by hiuu billy
  • 0 votes

i Can't believe its over. FINALLY!! I was feeling sick about this exams the inspectors calls question blew me off course. But otherwise it was 8/10 for me. Now i never have to look at Inspector calls, of mice and men and that potery stuff ever again. NO MORE ENGLISH!!! Unless i fail and have to take the exam again next year. Fingers crossed. x :)

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 13:26 by Fam_sh
  • 0 votes

I found it ok. Not brill but not terrible! I did To Kill a Mockingbird, and the questions were quite good.

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 15:15 by FiFi
  • 0 votes

I found it okay. I just wish I'd had more time though. I did the 'Lord Of The Flies' question which wasn't too bad. I'm really glad it's over now! Wishing the best for all our results! :)

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 15:35 by Z95
Edited by Z95 on Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 15:35
  • 0 votes

Lord of the Flies the hero question was ok, but the other lotf one sounded quite hard!

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 15:39 by Edward Pinches
  • 0 votes

of mice and men question was okay but the inspector calls was hard.. the poetryy was alrite aswell :) only 5 exams left pheww :D

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 16:24 by rameysha khan
  • 0 votes

it was alright. I don't have to do english ever again !!!!!

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 18:37 by Pui Pui
  • 0 votes

I thought It was ok, I spent waay too long on the first question, but wrote 13 pages overall, glad its over! have had 4 hours of exams today and Now dreaaaading chemistry tomorrow. I did Of mice and men and an Inspector calls, I found both ok but the inspector calls one harder, but the poetry was strange, something to do with 'zero hour'? Hmmmpf, oh well It's over with now :) only like 9 exams left...

Answered Tue 24th May, 2011 @ 20:59 by Samantha Treadwell
  • 0 votes

I thought it went OK, and I'm aiming for an A* in the subject- eeek! I think they need to provide more time for the English examinations, as I didn't get to finish my poetry essay.... 

Answered Wed 25th May, 2011 @ 17:54 by patrick woodcock
  • 0 votes

heey,

i have this exact same questions tomorrow. im doing "of mice and men" and "an inspector calls" what were the questions likee?

PLEASE HELP!

Answered Thu 10th November, 2011 @ 13:36 by Amy