OCR biology F212 AS exam

Showing 1 to 21 of 21

How was the paper

Posted: 21-05-12 17:25 by M.Ahmed

I thought it went okay, there was a lot on enzymes though- which was not so good =L

Posted: 21-05-12 17:53 by Pheebie

I thought it was quite difficult! Wasn't sure what to talk about for the question on two forms of variation!:/ and the questions at the start on antarctic and non-antarctic fish were awful! Really wasn't sure what they were looking for!

Posted: 21-05-12 18:17 by Laura Tarry

it was ok - could have gone better in places ... mucked up the last qs where i was rushing !! silly mistake ! but i got really confused on the ecoli one ? with the reducing sugar in test tube A and B

Posted: 21-05-12 18:36 by Rebecca Woodington

i also got really confused - as you can see i get really confused easily thankyou ocr -_-  -  on the hetertrophic qs  for prokaryotes .... some are saying both ... others one - AHHHHH!

Posted: 21-05-12 18:38 by Rebecca Woodington

It was ok - could have been better but could have been worse!

Posted: 21-05-12 18:43 by Sophie

btw - did any of you guys mention discontinuous or continuous variation ... what did you put for the letter at the beginning ? annnnnnnddddd ... what did you put for how species could be similar over a long period of time ?

Posted: 21-05-12 18:55 by Rebecca Woodington

I mention discontinous and continous and as for the letter I put L but it was a random guess!!

Posted: 21-05-12 18:59 by Sophie

I put that as well but i put down J ! :O aparently someone put down fossils for one of their answers - i didnt put that :O :(. And for the conservation - some are saying they put down exsitu and insitu for the fish one

Posted: 21-05-12 19:03 by Rebecca Woodington

I did as well but don't worry what others put - they might be wrong - and there is nothing you can do to change it now (unless you have a TARDIS kicking around)!!!

Posted: 21-05-12 19:07 by Sophie

Hahaha ill make one :L

Posted: 21-05-12 19:09 by Rebecca Woodington

I might have to borrow it - my maths exam was a lot worse than biology so i would quite like to change that!

Posted: 21-05-12 19:10 by Sophie

Do you know where i could possible find matt smith - i might have to steal some parts of his tardis

Posted: 21-05-12 19:15 by Rebecca Woodington

Don't bother stealing parts of it! Steal him and the TARDIS!

Posted: 21-05-12 19:21 by Sophie

Ohhhhhh sounds like a plan ! We should be dressed as ningas and go and get him when hes asleep - then steal parts of the tardis - matt is our main pirority

Posted: 21-05-12 19:23 by Rebecca Woodington

Its a deal!! Then I will use the TARDIS translator to pass my german exam with no problem!

Posted: 21-05-12 19:31 by Sophie

Ohhhh GERMAN! I took french but i was never any good - GCSE . You could speak in german to confuse matt smith and i shall panick and freak out - what im best known for :) even a teacher at my school has said that - how humiliating :/ it was worse i made a order of taxons rhyme thing ( Dear Kevin Please Come Over For Good Sex ) but changed it to sausages - when he asked me to say it aloud - i said the original !! Eekk! He burst out laughing and i went bright red :O

Posted: 21-05-12 19:39 by Rebecca Woodington

Not nice! I took french and german at GCSE. I enjoy german but iv got the exam on the same day as chemistry so i am not looking forward to it as the german exam is 2 1/2 hours! I just need that blasted TARDIS and all my problems would be solved! If you could go anywhere in the TARDIS, where would you go and why?

Posted: 21-05-12 19:50 by Sophie

Galafray

Posted: 21-05-12 19:56 by Rebecca Woodington

i agree, the paper was mainly on enzymes ie induced fit hypothesis and nothing came up about pathogens or any of the processes(e.g. phagocytosis) and very little was based on biological molecules(which is the biggest topic in the unit).

the q about reducing sugars and non reducing sugars were quite misleading(they say dont talk about a colormetre- then why mention it in the first place because we are not going to write an essay for a 3 mark q) 

im glad smoking came up (as a long answer q)

Modified once, last modified by ELectrica! on Tue 22nd May, 2012 @ 09:30

Posted: 22-05-12 09:28 by ELectrica!

very tempted to put down ' buy  colourimeter

Posted: 22-05-12 12:06 by Rebecca Woodington