it should be an illegal offence to not vote in general elections!

Showing 26 to 50 of 54

Can you just explain it to me here? I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Posted: 22-04-12 22:18 by Former Member

watch this video plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFCq-iFMYaw&feature=related

explains better than i would

Posted: 22-04-12 22:27 by flower123

You like the conservative's policies??!!

They make the working class work and then keep all the benefits ((excuse the Marxist view coming in :P)) and then have the cheek to say that we all need to make compromises!! ((I don't think i've seen them make any compromises!))

Anyway... i don't think it should be an illegal offence to vote, cos at the end of the day we have the right to have our say and make society a better place ((according to us)) and if someone doesn't want to have their say then that's their problem!!

Gabby Tracey wrote:

haha dont vote green :) conservatives

Posted: 24-04-12 13:02 by Fyzah :p

i understand some people in Islam believe were not meant to be voting,

but is this all true ? everything shown in the video is it true.. do you believe we are allowed to vote in Islam  or not? ( btw its a great video though,thnx )

flower123 wrote:

watch this video plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFCq-iFMYaw&feature=related

explains better than i would

Posted: 24-04-12 17:14 by ? Secret - Team GR

go on then Mimz how would you stop voter apathy?!?

Posted: 24-04-12 18:24 by Gabby Tracey

нυмαуяα x <3 wrote:

i understand some people in Islam believe were not meant to be voting,

but is this all true ? everything shown in the video is it true.. do you believe we are allowed to vote in Islam  or not? ( btw its a great video though,thnx )

i personally believe that there is no way we can vote for some man made law when Allah (swt) has created something so perfect for us. i believe everything shown in the video to be true only because evidence is also given from the Quran. basically the gov have say in whats right and wrong when it is not their decision. (ah i thought so as welll :D) what bout you what do you believe?

Posted: 24-04-12 21:51 by flower123

 "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers"  Article 19 - the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Making it an illegal offense goes against this as the goverment would interfering with peoples opinions as they are pushing them into making a vote. If you are of the opinion that you don't want to vote for what ever reason it may be, you should hold this opinion.  If all the political parties were useless and you didn't want to vote for any of them, you are entitled to hold that opinion!

Also how would you punish someone for not voting? Locking them up in a prison would not work. Prisons are already overcrowded with people who have committed much more serious crimes. There would be a huge outcry if people were to be locked up for expressing their opinion as you just cant punish people into having an opinion.

If you wanted more people to vote, then politics should be taught more in schools so people have a better understanding in what the party policies are and how the goverment is run.

Anyway this is just my opinion!

Posted: 25-04-12 18:22 by Sophie

omg i h8 voting it such a bore.........

but debating is cool, anyway 

anyway nobody shud be forced i mean a democracy can be made by not being made- britain can be stabilised without force even if they were isnt that dictatorship they are being forced to do something they may not want to do

btw hv u evr heard of the magical thinking!!! if 1 votes so will others, see nobody shud be forced cuz they might vote anyway cuz of others

my mom and pops dont vote cuz they dont appreciate most candidates in election they refuse to vote for a lessor evil cuz they believe that it is **** sometimes oh well dats parents 4 ya

Posted: 25-04-12 23:26 by aliimz

Hey Allimz.... I'm gonna vote this year :D

lololol

Respect all the way ((i don't even know who they are :P lol))

Posted: 26-04-12 13:07 by Fyzah :p

you cant force someone to vote

Posted: 26-04-12 16:53 by Nathan

Fyzah :p

 stop trying to make conversations... this is what you call a debate. please have a conversation else where.

thanks

Posted: 26-04-12 19:18 by Gabby Tracey

oh well not all of us hav extreme views on general elections and crime leave Fyzah :p alone

Posted: 26-04-12 23:23 by aliimz

Nathan ur fat cat lol its cute!!!!

Posted: 26-04-12 23:26 by aliimz

lol xD thanks Allimz ^_^

So what do you wanna talk about?? :P

aliimz wrote:

oh well not all of us hav extreme views on general elections and crime leave Fyzah :p alone

Posted: 27-04-12 10:27 by Fyzah :p

lol xD thanks Allimz ^_^

So what do you wanna talk about?? :P

aliimz wrote:

oh well not all of us hav extreme views on general elections and crime leave Fyzah :p alone

Posted: 27-04-12 10:27 by Fyzah :p

Fyzah :p

 i have asked you nicely to take your conversation else where, this is a debate of which i am interested in hearing people views on this contraversial issue, not just general chit chat, so once again please go elsewhere.

thanks

Posted: 28-04-12 16:24 by Gabby Tracey

y dnt u stop being a nag Gabby Tracey you've got lots of h8ers!!!

so be nice if u knw wats best

Posted: 28-04-12 18:12 by aliimz

I know i am just somebody and i dont expect you to listen but stop fighting please. If people dont want to vote you cant force them. Sometimes its because the polices are not good. Their loss in the end :)

Posted: 28-04-12 19:44 by Lawyer.com :)

people have different opinions and it causes conflict, not the end of the world :)

n aliimz i dont really care if your taking my opinions the wrong way... its a debate :)

Posted: 28-04-12 19:58 by Gabby Tracey

yeah bt Gabby Tracey ur da 1 dts takin ova peoplez opinions da wrng way

nd aliimz iz rght uve gt loadza haterz!!!

Posted: 28-04-12 20:23 by Sabah x

I'm kind of confused on the question, can someone please explain it to me?

Posted: 28-04-12 20:46 by LP-FTW

sorry late reply :) 

to be honest i never knew that voting might be thought to be prohibited in Islam until this girl told me once and now thinking about it and from watching I'm not sure but I think what you saying is actually quite true because after all the gov make all the rules as they have the power and yh I actually agree with you. I'm gonna look into it more now, see others view.

I think its better if we are Muslims we don't live by the shariah law because Muslims living by the shariah law I belive have far been mislead compared to if we live like in England. What do you think ?

flower123 wrote:

i personally believe that there is no way we can vote for some man made law when Allah (swt) has created something so perfect for us. i believe everything shown in the video to be true only because evidence is also given from the Quran. basically the gov have say in whats right and wrong when it is not their decision. (ah i thought so as welll :D) what bout you what do you believe?

Posted: 28-04-12 22:33 by ? Secret - Team GR

нυмαуяα x <3 wrote:

sorry late reply :) 

to be honest i never knew that voting might be thought to be prohibited in Islam until this girl told me once and now thinking about it and from watching I'm not sure but I think what you saying is actually quite true because after all the gov make all the rules as they have the power and yh I actually agree with you. I'm gonna look into it more now, see others view.

I think its better if we are Muslims we don't live by the shariah law because Muslims living by the shariah law I belive have far been mislead compared to if we live like in England. What do you think ?

np :)ah inshallah feel free to ask any questions =)

ah i disagree with that completely, we as muslim are suppose to be living under shariah law, that is teh divine law which has Allah (Swt) has given to us, tyou have to understand that no country today is living under sharia law and what you see today poeple cast as shariah law are just cultures mixed in. they only take what they think will benefit then and the rest they just add in. this picking and choosing is not right. i think this is a topic we need to research in and not look at the media. hey btw do you hve a paltalk account =) id love to talk to you in privet

i found these articles plz have a read =)

http://salafimedia.com/izharuddeen/hisbah/item/1336-muslims-without-shariah-are-like-fish-out-of-water.html

http://salafimedia.com/izharuddeen/hisbah/item/1336-muslims-without-shariah-are-like-fish-out-of-water.html

Modified twice, last modified by flower123 on Sat 28th April, 2012 @ 23:00

Posted: 28-04-12 22:43 by flower123

thanks :)

mm yh i actually think what you saying is true because if we look at out world now, eveything has changed everything has been adapted to fit this modern society,even Muslims nowadays are just Muslim by name. Thats actually interesting, that no countries are really following the shariah law they way it should be and I agree with you because I remember last year when I went Saudi Arabia, even people in cities like Jeddah follow Islam but clearly by name as the way they were dress and everything just showed that they are not really practising Islam the way it should be. 

thanks for the article..x its great ! :) i love talkin to people like u <3 about these issues, makes me rethink and consider.. whats paltalk :S i can make it if u want, just tell me briefly wat it is..like is it ok n safe to use.. thanks x

flower123 wrote:

 np :)ah inshallah feel free to ask any questions =)

ah i disagree with that completely, we as muslim are suppose to be living under shariah law, that is teh divine law which has Allah (Swt) has given to us, tyou have to understand that no country today is living under sharia law and what you see today poeple cast as shariah law are just cultures mixed in. they only take what they think will benefit then and the rest they just add in. this picking and choosing is not right. i think this is a topic we need to research in and not look at the media. hey btw do you hve a paltalk account =) id love to talk to you in privet

i found these articles plz have a read =)

http://salafimedia.com/izharuddeen/hisbah/item/1336-muslims-without-shariah-are-like-fish-out-of-water.html

http://salafimedia.com/izharuddeen/hisbah/item/1336-muslims-without-shariah-are-like-fish-out-of-water.html

Posted: 29-04-12 14:57 by ? Secret - Team GR

нυмαуяα x <3 wrote:

thanks :)

mm yh i actually think what you saying is true because if we look at out world now, eveything has changed everything has been adapted to fit this modern society,even Muslims nowadays are just Muslim by name. Thats actually interesting, that no countries are really following the shariah law they way it should be and I agree with you because I remember last year when I went Saudi Arabia, even people in cities like Jeddah follow Islam but clearly by name as the way they were dress and everything just showed that they are not really practising Islam the way it should be. 

thanks for the article..x its great ! :) i love talkin to people like u <3 about these issues, makes me rethink and consider.. whats paltalk :S i can make it if u want, just tell me briefly wat it is..like is it ok n safe to use.. thanks x

subhanallah thats so true i mean if you really look at saudi arabia you see many muslims drinking, desling ith riba and all of that stuff that i y there is so many opression. i mean look at syria now, subhanallah surrounded by muslim countries and yet not one of them willing to help them. they call themself muslim yet feel no pain seeing people suffer.

your welcome :) same here hehe, ah paltalk is kinda like a social network but there are like rooms where you can go and learn about islam so yh its actually pretty good if you go there for the right reasons :)

 

Posted: 29-04-12 15:53 by flower123