Is anyone else taking AQA GCSE Spec A B1 and C1 Exams in January 2013?

• 2 votes

I could really do with some advice on the actually exam as it is my first gcse exam and if anyone has found any particulary useful revision tools they would be much appreciated!

Posted Sat 1st December, 2012 @ 13:06 by Just Hannah

11 Answers

• 1 vote

Oh don't worry about it! That was one of my first modules - I managed to get a C, which was really good as I met my target grade :D. Although what I would advise you is, as this exam is in Jan, start revising for it NOW; you'll be amazed at how much revision work you'll be saving yourself to do, in the x-mas holidays. BTW when I mean now, I'm saying go back through all the material on each of the science modules and look through the ALL THE information throughouly, logically and methodically. 'Active read' the material so you make good use of your timing, pace yourself whilst you revise and most-importantly, understand it! If you enquire any more advise or anymore help on any of the science modules, simply just ask for email and I can help. I love science anyway, in year 11 btw : )

Answered Mon 3rd December, 2012 @ 14:45 by Former Member
  • 1 vote

Hi! I will currently resit my B1 exam as i got a C last time due to the fact i sat in foundation tier, and resitting in higher. And for C1 ive already got a A*.. so i dont need to resit that :P 

As for revsing i would advice you to get nelson thornes new AQA Science.. they have different versions depending on how much you want to spend.. Also, i would highly reccomend this youtube channel you makes videos based on the AQA spec:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mygcsescience

Also,i would say to go on to revision 101.. just type it in google and you will understand.. they do it for unit 2 and unit 3 as well.. :) 

Answered Wed 5th December, 2012 @ 14:59 by Arshdeep Kaur
  • 0 votes

Yes! I have just finished the CAU and am revising for the exam in Jan. I find BBC GCSE a really good place to revise the topics.

Answered Sat 1st December, 2012 @ 14:25 by Alex
  • 0 votes

I am doing it to.

I like making flash cards with key points on them. On one side is a question and on the reverse side is the answer. It really helps of what you need to learn and what you already got a hang of.

Answered Mon 3rd December, 2012 @ 17:05 by Sim
  • 0 votes

Is B1 English Language? I am sitting this exam in January 2013.

Answered Fri 7th December, 2012 @ 10:47 by Matthew Noonan
  • 0 votes

Hi look at my resources i have my notes from when i did those exams. Hope it helps and good luck

Answered Tue 8th January, 2013 @ 17:29 by bec
  • 0 votes

I'm re-sitting my B1 exam tommorow, have a look at my rsources if you want to test yourself :)

I like to make flash cards too, they are really helpful :)

Answered Tue 8th January, 2013 @ 18:21 by :) PurpleJaguar (: - Team GR
  • 0 votes

Go onto BBC Bitesize or buy the revison booklets that your teachers or school should buy. IF NOT THEN LOOK THROUGH YOUR BOOK. i am now in my last year of Hign School and am on a B for science and it is my worst subject. Exams are a nightmare but revise about 6 months before the actual exam or as soon as you are learning about it. Like if you learn all of C1 then type it up onto the computer and print it out and do it all for C1, B1 and P1. Then when you come to revise you have all your material done and about 2-3 weeks before the exam you read through a chapter a night. like all of c1 one night, all of b1 the next night and keep taking 15-30 minute breaks every hour, because too much information will mix up your brain. Or before bed read through it. Or maybe i havent tried record all the notes on your phone and while your doing stuff like walking to school or cleaning your room play it with your earphones. or even make it into a song so that you can remember it in the exam, never tried that but it sounds good. Let me know how it goes for you.

Answered Thu 21st February, 2013 @ 20:16 by Katie
  • 0 votes

I hav done the exam all use gtta do is practise loads of past papers

Answered Mon 11th March, 2013 @ 21:04 by munaibaraja
  • 0 votes

Use the end of topic tests that are available on the aqa website or from your teachers, they are really good because you get to know what the examiners are looking for and sometimes aqa are really specific with thier answers for science. 

Answered Sun 7th April, 2013 @ 13:31 by Jesskaa
  • 0 votes

no

Answered Mon 19th October, 2015 @ 11:55 by Shannon1232