I was wondering if anyone is doing or has done the Edexcel Modern World; The USA;1919-1941 paper. And their way of revising for it, and exam tips for it.

• 0 votes

We've done it at school, but it seems to go through one ear and go out through the other. It's my weakest topic, but i need help in it! :'(

Posted Thu 12th April, 2012 @ 16:02 by Nishat Ahmed

3 Answers

• 0 votes

I did this in January and did quite well (we got asked a horrible question so I didn't do as good as I should have) basically all I did for revision was get the text book (i don't know if you have access to it) and make some serious notes on it  by hand. I went through every page and made revision cards. I also talked it through loads with my friends at school which helped because they explained stuff that I didn't get and I did the same for the stuff they didn't get. Also (if you have the text book) read the Exam Zone pages because they are really useful on how to answer the questions and stuff and did loads of practice. I have an amazing teacher for history too which helped and she made these "Golden Key" things that told us how to answer questions and stuff. 

Basically study hard because the knowledge is really important and talk about each topic with family and friends so you have output and well as input. It helps you remember. 

Good luck on the exam and don't be afraid to ask if you need more help :)

Answered Thu 12th April, 2012 @ 16:30 by Colette Ahsam
  • 0 votes

OMG Thank-you for your help, i'm really grateful for this.
I've started making notes on it and memorising it, well i only say start because of the other history topics i had to cover (Cold War, Divided Union)
Thank you ever so much!

Thank you, and good luck on your further exams coming up!

Oh btw, may i ask what grade you had achieved? :)
- Nishat. 

Answered Fri 13th April, 2012 @ 11:20 by Nishat Ahmed
  • 0 votes

It's okay, I'm pleased I could help :)

I got a C which seemed to be good in our school because the girl who usually gets A/A* only got a B. My target was a B haha. I suposse it depends quite a lot on the paper you're given too. We had a question about the "Bonus March" in January and everyone failed at it but hopefully for you it won't be on the paper as it was on the previous one. 

Good luck again and have fun revising ;)

Answered Fri 13th April, 2012 @ 11:31 by Colette Ahsam