I want to go to a university in the US, what do I have to do?

  • 0 votes

I've been thinking about it for a while and I have no idea how to start. I haven't gone to 6th form yet as I am currently doing my gcse exams so I have plenty of time. I know they have different exams over there like SAT and whatnot so to get in one of the unis I have to take one of those, but what about exams here? Will they look at my gcse results and alevels when I get them or won't they matter? I have applied to some colleges to do some courses (mostly sciences) - 4 in total. I know america has a more boarder curriculum so does that mean I have to change my a level choices i.e. international Baccalaureate or is it too late? What is the international Baccalaureate anyway, how differnet is it to normal alevels, will it still be acceptable to use them in england if my american dream doesn't work out? I want to go one of their universities cos Im not quite sure what I wan't to do at the moment...I dread having to go to university in england and doing one course that might not work out. I've got so many other stuff I want to do at uni like study a language alongside my other courses but I can't do that here. Has anyone got any opinions.

Sorry this is quite long.

Posted Fri 3rd May, 2013 @ 21:27 by evie4learning