i have loads to do about 3.1.4, 3.1.5 3.1.6 left and three weeks tilll the exam. am starting to really panic, my friend told me to conc. on just answering pp because practice makes perfect, but i dont seem to remember what i revised when i come to do the

• 1 vote

help please! as chemistry unit one

Posted Mon 17th December, 2012 @ 21:51 by nicet

6 Answers

• 1 vote

Past papers. Do lots of them and revise the questions in your book over and over again. Perhaps study at least 2 hours a day each. Try to follow a schedule. Every 45 mins take a 15 min. break. Most important thing is the past paper. In every exam there has got to be some questions similar to the past papers.

Study in groups. Sometimes studying in groups help but if you're a chatty type or your classmates are, perhaps it won't be such a good idea. Tutor other students. They learn something, you remember something, it's a win win situation.

Memorizing would be a good idea, if you've got excellent memory. Some ppl just aren't able to memorize that easily. Instead, understanding about the subjects and being able to explain them to other people may help them remember. :D Here's a good site for any of you guys who need study tips. http://calnewport.com/blog/

Answered Fri 21st December, 2012 @ 21:04 by Rosa
  • 0 votes

past papers are a really good way to revise but you need to make sure you don't make the same mistakes ove and over. Once you've done a past paper mark it and write in the correct answer, then decide on 3 sections, based on that paper, that you need to revise. Try making notes on these sections, answering questions from the textbook/revision books or make revision cards. don't start another paper until you're confident you know the 3 sections you decided on. If you find that you're always having to revise the same sections try a different revision method. This technique should prevent you revising aimlessly and ensure you only focus on your weeker areas.

Another way to use past papers is to divide them into 3 sections. for example if you had 12 past papers you would divide them into 3 sections of 4. For the first section you should use the textbook and any notes you've made to make sure you have the knowlege. The next set you should do the paper unaided at first, with no time limit then go over with the textbook and a different coloured pen. the final set should be done in exam conditions, timed and with no help.

I hope this was useful, good luck :) x

Answered Wed 26th December, 2012 @ 21:59 by sammy
  • 0 votes

i have the same problem. when it comes to exams, revision is just as good as going through past papers. if you have a revision guide, go through it thoroughly until you feel confident. then make revision cards by creating possible questions and writing them on one side of the card and the answer on the other. try testing yourself with these cards or ask someone else to test you! 

BUT, only one revision material is not good enough. go through websites just like this website and strengthen your understanding on each topic and you may find some new topics that were not in the revision guide. once you have strengthened your understanding on the subject, test yourself by doing past papers. 

hope this helps :)

Answered Sat 12th January, 2013 @ 10:21 by Habz~
  • 0 votes

do you have the answers up harman? thankyou!

<3

Answered Sun 13th January, 2013 @ 17:12 by elllieeeeeeeee
  • 0 votes

hi ellie, just uploaded them!

Answered Tue 15th January, 2013 @ 17:16 by cherrypoo
  • 0 votes

thankyou!!

<3

Answered Tue 15th January, 2013 @ 17:21 by elllieeeeeeeee