Hiya, I am trying to make predictions for questions on the 2015 A2 Sociology papers. Does anyone know which questions came up on 2014 Unit 3 (Mass Media) and Unit 4 (Crime and Deviance)? Thanks.

• 0 votes

I am trying to make predictions for questions on the 2015 A2 Sociology papers. Does anyone know which questions came up on 2014 Unit 3 (Mass Media) and Unit 4 (Crime and Deviance)?

Posted Thu 16th April, 2015 @ 11:48 by Stormy Music

3 Answers

• 0 votes

i remember one of the 50 markers was on ecology theory and i think one question was to do with masculinity or feminnity

Answered Mon 20th April, 2015 @ 10:22 by lydgidd
  • 0 votes

Thank you, that is a great help!

Answered Mon 20th April, 2015 @ 15:38 by Stormy Music
  • 0 votes

MASS MEDIA

Identify and briefl y explain three criticisms that Marxists may make of changes in media ownership and control. [9 marks]

Using material from Item C and elsewhere, assess the view that media representations of age and social class today are no longer stereotypical. [18 marks]

Evaluate the effects of globalisation on the role of the media in society over the past 30 years or so. [33 marks]

OR

‘There is a direct link between the violence and anti-social behaviour shown through the mass media and the violent behaviour of some individuals and groups in society today.’ To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view? [33 marks]

Crime and Deviance 

Using material from Item A and elsewhere, assess sociological explanations for the types and patterns of green crime. [21 marks]

Using material from Item B and elsewhere, assess sociological explanations of the relationship between social class and crime.

Using material from Item C and elsewhere, assess the strengths and limitations of using unstructured interviews as a means of investigating the public’s perceptions of crime and fear of crime. [15 marks]

Assess the contribution of feminist perspectives to our understanding of society. [33 marks]

Answered Sun 3rd May, 2015 @ 19:38 by thepatel