Help with this indices question,or is it surds,i'm not sure..BUT I NEED HELP:)

  • 0 votes
Posted Sun 10th June, 2012 @ 18:00 by anonymous

1 Answer

  • 0 votes

You find the root number of the denominator and then root it by the numerator. e.g. 

4^3/2 is square root of 4 which is 2. Then you do 2^3 which is 16. This is called fractional indices.

Hope this helps and sorry if there are any mistakes 

Answered Sun 10th June, 2012 @ 18:27 by Toiba