Skip to content
In steps can someone please help me with these;
Thanks a lot :)
Are you trying to say..
2 to power of 6 divide by 3 and..
4 to the power of minus 3
If yes this is how I've been taught to do it..
1) Calculate the answer of 2 to the power of 6
this is the same as saying 2x2x2x2x2x2 = 64
2) Then you divide 64 by 3
3) Giving you an answer of 64/3 or 21.3 recurring
1) Calculate what 4 to the power of -3 is
2) When you have a minus.. you always write it as 1/4 ^3 (The reciprocal)
3) So you work out what is 4^ 3.. this is 4x4x4 = 64
4) Therefore, the answer would be 1/64
Hope that helps.. sorry if its confusing.. I need the maths symbols. to show you properly
Thanks this helped loads! :)
And for the first question it was written as a fraction so the 2^6 is over 3, so would i still have the same answer as yyou got?
yh even it is a fraction.. you still would get the same answer :)
Okay, thanks a lot :)
I just realised that; i had a question in a past paper that asked me to show why 4^3/2 = 8
so i did 4^3 and got 64 then because the answer was 8 I knew to square root 64 not divide it by 2
So about the first question i asked, you would have to cube root 64 not divide by 3?Wouldn't you?