Help! Calculater help for tomorrow!

  • 0 votes

Help, when I'm trying to do a standard form question, the answer always comes up in standard form such as 2.999x10^9 However to get a mark in my exam I need the full answer also! I know you can do it manually but I don't have much time and I'm sure there's a button on my calculator to change it? Please help!!!!!!

Posted Sun 17th June, 2012 @ 20:39 by Meg Price

2 Answers

  • 0 votes

I have a Casio calculator and there's an "S<>D" button, but sometimes the answer is too big to fit onto the calculator, so you'd have to do it manually and count the number of place values :P

Answered Sun 17th June, 2012 @ 21:02 by I used to be smart
  • 0 votes

If its a Casio calculator try pressing MODE a couple of times until "Fix    Sci    Norm" appears.

Press 3 to pick Norm

I think it then says Norm 1 - 2?

Then press 2, then press 9

Sorry if I had my calculator nearby I could be a bit more clear but it seems to have been stolen :(

...Either way I hope you get it working! :)

Answered Sun 17th June, 2012 @ 21:21 by Ed