has anyone done their as chemistry empa 2012 any and all help appreciated!!!

• 0 votes

doing my chemistry as empa next week, wondered if we need to learn trends for group 2/7 and what sort of questions come up in task 3

Posted Tue 13th March, 2012 @ 20:06 by Tomi

13 Answers

• 1 vote

Hah, could you maybe tell us the answers too, i mean give us a little help? that'd be great :)

Answered Sun 15th April, 2012 @ 21:58 by Kieran
Edited by Kieran on Sun 15th April, 2012 @ 21:59
  • 1 vote

sorry not replied sooner, so sorry if yous have already done your tasks, but yeah you have to draw a table i task 1, and theres only one calculation to do in task 1,@Miyah as i said there was a calculation in task 1, i cant really tell you exactly what to do in the tasks, but task 2 was basically mixing two solutions and recording the tempreature.....

To everyone doing the written test soon, im not going to tell you exactly what came up cause that would be cheating, but basically revise your calucations for moles, enthalpy changes,e.g Q=MCT etc.  research hand warmers, and revise all your alcohol stuff....i cant even remember what the questions were, and i only did it yesterday! :L 

hoped that helped...thats the aqa CHEM3X board so if your doing a different board, dont take this in to account that it may be on your test, becuase you might have a different exam 

Answered Sat 21st April, 2012 @ 10:27 by Emma
  • 0 votes

SO have you done Task 1 or 2 yet? If you have then could you possibly hint what the experiment for task 1 was please?? thanks

Answered Tue 20th March, 2012 @ 20:53 by Bitnarajah
  • 0 votes

whats on task 1+2

Answered Tue 3rd April, 2012 @ 20:56 by Jacob
  • 0 votes

dont suppose anyones actually completed task 3 yet? im doing it on the 20th April, and i have no idea about what to revise...any help would be great

Answered Thu 12th April, 2012 @ 16:13 by Emma
  • 0 votes

i have my empa next week- stressed :( any help would be greatly appreciated if youve already done the tasks .

Answered Fri 13th April, 2012 @ 12:08 by Miyah
  • 0 votes

@Emma Could you please tell us what its about when you finish on Friday! Im doing mine next week and I really need to do good. Like REALLY! So please any help would be appreciated

Answered Sun 15th April, 2012 @ 09:52 by Niki
  • 0 votes

@emma were there any calculation to do in task 1 and 2? or is it just recording results? also in task 2 what do you do exactly?? confused :/

Answered Mon 16th April, 2012 @ 12:54 by Miyah
  • 0 votes

Hi, I'm doing my task 1 tomorrow...could someone please tell me if we have to draw a table? and are there any calculations to do? thank you

Answered Mon 16th April, 2012 @ 14:43 by Dilshad
  • 0 votes

In task 1 and 2 there are no calculations that you need to do except working out the average titre for task 1 which is quite easy. In task 2 you have to do a titration over 10 mins where in the 4th min you add the substance eg HCL. you should have done something similar to it in class with your teacher.

Answered Wed 18th April, 2012 @ 18:49 by farhana
  • -1 votes

Apart from above what else do you need to revise for task 3 AS Chemistry empa 2012. Specific details please.

E-Mail: [email protected]

Answered Tue 10th April, 2012 @ 18:47 by adam
  • -1 votes

ive already completed tasks 1 and 2, task 1 was a titration recording your results, and task 2 was a tempreature change between two soluations, basically just recording results, ive not done task 3 yet; the written part, im doing that on Friday, so cant really help you with that, but they are the two tasks that ive done, im doing the aqa board, so if your doing a different exam board i dont know if it will be different tasks...hope that helped at all :/ 

Answered Fri 13th April, 2012 @ 19:23 by Emma
  • -1 votes

I love how everyone's depending on Emma for help :)

Answered Mon 16th April, 2012 @ 22:58 by Kieran