does anyone know where I can find the aqa past paper for biology unit 1 january 2012 exam?

• 0 votes

Hi, I'm in year 11 and am targetted an A* overall. I'm doing triple science for aqa in the new spec and I did my unit 2s in June. Our first lesson back, my teacher and I discussed the possibility of a resit because I would otherwise have to get 97 UMS marks for both my b3 exam n ISA to get an A* overall. I'm therefore resitting my unit 1 exam because I got a very low A. I was wondering if anyone had the new spec past papers, so the January 2012 (the paper I did as my original exam) and the June 2012 p1 paper? It would be of such help because I really need to get high UMS to pull up my average! Please help

Posted Fri 7th September, 2012 @ 20:59 by Tahira xx

7 Answers

• 0 votes

exam boards keep the exam papers hidden for a year.  Your school will have copies of both 2012 papers but you can't get them elsewhere.  The school will probably also have access to the answers.

Speak to the Head of Department/your teacher re getting the papers you need and the feedback.  i would also have a look at previous papers (the content will be slightly different but it may help a little.  The b3 exam this year (2012), was, to the best of my knowledge, the old spec (I know someone who sat it).  Your school will have lots of papers available that are not published on the AQA website to help you practice both b2 and b3.

Answered Sat 8th September, 2012 @ 20:42 by Lynne
  • 0 votes

same applies to all science exams.

Answered Sat 8th September, 2012 @ 20:43 by Lynne
  • 0 votes

thanks so much. I'll be sure to ask my teacher. thanks for taking your time to reply. I've just been very panicky bout the fact that I'm having to resit all my unit 1s and I really wanna do well or at least get my UMS marks up coz it's a game of numbers as my teacher calls it. **

Answered Sun 9th September, 2012 @ 12:58 by Tahira xx
  • 0 votes

No problem.  If you get good As, for some modules you can still end up with an A* so don't panic too much.  

Answered Sun 9th September, 2012 @ 19:45 by Lynne
  • 0 votes

If you want your exact paper back you may be able to request it - although it's possibly to late

or you may be able to ask your teacher - explain it is for revision purposes, get the mark scheme and look back over it:)

Answered Wed 12th September, 2012 @ 11:07 by Alex
  • 0 votes

As far as I have seen from your posts you are getting low A's in physics aswell maybe just stick to a A as you seem like you aren't going to get an A*.

Answered Sun 16th September, 2012 @ 11:24 by Aspiring Medic
  • 0 votes

As far as I have seen from your posts you are getting low A's in physics aswell maybe just stick to a A as you seem like you aren't going to get an A*.

Answered Sun 16th September, 2012 @ 11:24 by Aspiring Medic