Does anyone know of any work experience placements/schemes for Year 12 Students related to Science?

  • 0 votes


Basically I'm looking to do a few weeks work experience this summer holiday to bump up my UCAS application for Physics, but would be happy with any science related placement such as in a lab/ observatory etc. Does anyone know of any placements or schemes in/near London still open to application? I've already applied to the Nuffield Bursary but I'm struggling to find anywhere else.


P.s. Please dont post general ideas such as "phone up a local uni" as I've already done all of that :)

Posted Mon 25th February, 2013 @ 13:57 by Lucy

4 Answers

  • 0 votes

As a general science placement perhaps some work as a lab technician in a sixth form/college/school. Don't know if this is any help for you but it's something I have done :)

Answered Mon 25th February, 2013 @ 18:38 by ceegee
  • 0 votes

Thanks ceegee, what was the name of the place you did your placement? Was it in London? As I said in the question, I've done all the generic stuff, I'm looking for specifics, thanks!

Answered Mon 25th February, 2013 @ 18:57 by Lucy
  • 0 votes

Oh no sorry it wasn't in London it was in my local area but I'm sure you could find something similar in London :)

Answered Mon 25th February, 2013 @ 19:03 by ceegee
  • 0 votes

This might be a bit generic for you but try asking some of the science teachers at your school if they have any contacts that would be willing to take you. I did that and my chemistry teacher knew someone and they said that I could have work experience with them next year as I am still too young!

Answered Wed 27th February, 2013 @ 20:43 by Antonia Loizou