Does anyone know any disadvantages for using sunscreen?
- 0 votes
I have got some homework to do on good things and bad things of protection through sunscreen, I know the advantages is that the suns radiation cannot affect your skin as much or burn you with it's ultra-violet rays. I'm stuck on why it could be bad. By the way i'm doing accelerated Triple science at GCSE level. I'm 14 :)
- 0 votes
- Slathering on sunscreen at the first hint of sunshine has become commonplace - we're far more sun safety conscious than a decade ago and spend a lot of money a year on products designed to ward off the sun's rays.
- Despite this, cases of skin cancer are continuing to rise and the main cause remains overexposure to the sun. Could it be that the creams we use, or misuse, can cause as many problems as they attempt to solve?
- Some experts have found the chemicals used to deactivate UV rays (most commonly cinnamates, benzophenones and amino benzoic acid) react adversely with sunlight when they are absorbed, possibly causing DNA damage.
- Concern has also been raised about the chemical preservatives used in sunscreens, and other ingredients, seeping through the top layer of the skin.
- A Swedish study found benzophenone-3 (or B-3), a popular sunscreen ingredient, in the urine of people who had applied no more than the recommended dose of sunscreen up to 48 hours before.
- /Studies have shown that tomatoes, which are rich in antioxidants and the lycopene, could prove a weapon against sun damage.
- Undoubtedly, though, the best advice and the most important factor in fighting sun damage and skin cancer is our own sun behaviour.
- And that means wearing a hat and finding a tree whenever it gets hot. It is the easiest way to protect our skin. The love for beauty is a nature of all human beings, so don' get its opposite when you do something. Everyone should choose some ways which suitable themselves, and then we will be successful.