anyone got their as level geography exam in January?
- 0 votes
:) I have, when are you starting to revise?
- 1 vote
as a student who has completed my alevels i would most strongly recommend revision right from the start. don't leave it too late or neglect your As. they need much more revision than GCSEs
- review your notes after each lesson to make sure you have understood everything
- find out from your teacher what you will be doing next lesson and look over it before hand - this way you will have more understanding of what you're being taught so the lesson will be more beneficial and you will be able to ask about the sections you are unsure on.
- Do as many past papers as you can - they don't even have t be from your exam board, just from the topic you are doing. and when done MARK THEM! you can't learn where you have gone wrong or improve your technique if you don't.
- do all of the practice questions/ revision / exam questions in your text book/revision guides without looking the answers up - this will test your knowledge and you can look up more detail after completing questions
- Repeat, repeat, repeat. everything. past papers, reviewing, making notes. ust to drill it into your head.
- it's never too late or early to start. first exams in January, that isn't long off. especially if you want to relax a bit over Christmas and you have a minimum of 2 other subjects to revise for. i'd revise as much as you can now, not in a month, and then continue up to your exams
- it's not quantity, it's quality. no point revising at 3am when you're so tired you will forget it all. but try to get in some each day.
- Revise in your free periods! don't just sit around doing nothing. if you don't want to revise or your friends are laughing just do your homework and tell them you're busy so can't do it later or that it's overdue!
- Another thing i did was a timetable- not of i was going to just revise biology or whatever between a certain time, but that i was going to do a certain number of pages, questions of exam practices so that i had a target to stick to and couldn't try pretend to myself i had revised
My biggest regret was not revising enough during As and getting BDDE - woops
that meant i had to revise loads in A2 as i had loads f retakes. i came out with ABB (A in geography:), but i was under 15 ums marks in each subject of the next grade up and felt if i had done more in AS i might have gotten the higher marks:/ although it was a pretty good improvement not gunna lie:P
So start early and revise hard! don't worry about what your friends are doing, if you think revision is beneficial do it and laugh in august when you achieve some brilliant results!
i'm also going to uploadall my geography revision notes in the next few days so check them out:)
- 1 vote
thanks, I already revise by reading over and re writing my notes each day and i make sure i do my homework as soon as i get it.
- 1 vote
thats a great way to start- keep it up! :)