- Yiri by Koko
- A new melodic idea is introduced near the end, to show the ending.
- The group sings together in unison during the chorus.
- The chorus has short falling phrases emphasizing the notes.
- There are short patterns falling from high to low are played by the balafons.
- Introduction ~ the balafon plays a solo using a tremolo
- The main section consists of drums playing an ostinati.
- Choruses and balafon solos alternate and in the middle there is a vocal solo, in which call and response is used.
- The coda, is a short phrase for Balafon is played 5 times but varied each time.
- There is a layered texture.
- At the beginning there is a monophonic texture
- Heterophonic textures are created
- There is little variation of dynamics.
- Tonality and harmony
- The piece is in Gb major
- The balafons short patterns emphasize the notes Gb and Db.
Similar Music resources: