- A metabolic process which converts sugar to acids, gases or alcohol.
- It occurs in yeast and bacteria. It also occurs in oxygen deprived muscle cells. e.g lactic acid fermentation.
- Fermentation is usually seen to just be the process of making alcohol to people.
- Yeast prefer to do fermentation rather than anaerobic respiration.
- Beer is produced by a starch source in water and fermenting the resulting sweet liquid with yeast.
- Fermentation is food processing from carbohydrates to alcohol.