- Writing to persuade
- Does not have to be balanced - be biased and emotional in style and language
- Use rhetorical questions, rule of three, alliteration and second person throughout the essay.
- Personal stories are powerful tool when persuading - write from the first person.
- Appeal to the reader's sense of reason - explain consequences.
- Try to write 3 - 4 points in great detail and make sure you link them through the writing.
- This is very similar to arguing but you have to be more passionate in style/tone.
- In your conclusion restate your main idea - be passionate but slightly different to how you expressed this in the first paragraph.