- Created by: isabellafitzpatrick
- Created on: 11-11-18 19:02
- Write about the significance of Piggy's glasses in the novel 'Lord of the Flies'
- Only way of creating smoke on the island therefore the only way of being rescued.
- Piggy being the holder of this makes him a symbol of hope and rescue.
- When Jack breaks them- start if the breakdown of civilization & Jack has the power to do this single handedly
- "from his left hand dangled Piggy's broken glasses"
- When piggy is killed and the the glasses and conch is broken completely broken- descent into anarchy
Similar English Literature resources: