- Women & Work
- 1917- "Women's land army", established that women took on men's jobs to feed the country while men fought in the war
- 1916- engineering shortage, they desperately needed workers, so women took on these jobs. 800,000 female workers by 1918
- Women performing men roles- bus conductors, postal workers, farm labourers, road layers and steel workers
- Office clerks jobs were now taken by women, to free men to enlist, 200,000 female clerks took on these roles
- Women now encouraged to work!! help the country win the war
- Sex Discrimination Act 1919- in theory meant women in civil professions, more roles for work
- 1918- women +30 allowed to vote!!- due to their contribution in WW1?