- Created by: craglepops
- Created on: 18-03-15 20:42
- William Ewart Gladstone 1886
- Home Rule dominated his few months in power.
- 93 Liberal MP's including Joseph Chamberlain voted against the Bill
- This prompted Gladstone to call an election in which he lost heavily to conservatives
- the Liberals the voted against the bill became known as Liberal Unionists. They eventually joined conservatives
- Gladstone has split the Liberal party and ushered in a 20 year period of Conservative dominance.