- Why does language change?
- Due to etymologies and associations, words die out and are not used anymore.
- Mishearing / misunderstood
- Aging population / young population
- People get bored of saying the same things all the time
- If words aren't freqeuntly used, they could easily be forgotten or just not be picked up on and are therefore, not used
- People become very aware of how they are perceived
- New words
- Words go in and out of fashion
- Advance in technology
- Invasion, immigration, emmigration
Similar English Language resources: