- What makes the Olympics one of the most effective marketing platforms in the world?
- attracts a global audience for 3 weeks every 4 years
- Olympics is showcased in 'shop window'
- TOP sponsors prime time advertising slots
- therefore showcase their products to millions
- companies want to be associated with success as the Olympics is their own brand
- sponsors get worldwide marketing opportunities
- opportunities for local businesses to attract international business
- TOP companies use Olympic ring logo on products
- sponsors support the ethos of the Games eg for what they stand for
- these include: attracting people to healthy lifestyle and creating a positive image
- hosting the games proves to the other cities that they can do it and markets their country in the eyes of tourists
Similar Physical Education resources: