- Created by: Charlotte Pickles
- Created on: 24-11-14 12:55
- What impression does Shakespear create of Antony and Cleopatra by the end of Act 1: Scene 1?
- "dotage of our general's"- Antony is utterly infatuated with Cleopatra. This infatuation "o'erflows the measure", meaning it goes beyond the limit of what is deemed normal and healthy.
- "It is be love indeed, tell me how much."- according to Cleopatra, her relationship with Antony is quantifiable, suggesting it is not true love. This suggests she is not emotionally invested in the relationship.