- What are the main functions of the Prime Minister?
- Sets the date of the next election.
- Spokesperson for the nation during times of crisis. Represents the nation on the international stage.
- Heads the Government.
- Chairs cabinet meetings and sets the agenda.
- Has key powers of patronage.
- Parliamentary role in the House of commons.
- Leader of the majority Party.
- Role of constituency MP.
- Advises the sovereign on state matters and has regular meetings.
Similar Government & Politics resources: