- Weimar Constitution
- President is elected and appoints the chancellor.
- The Chancellor leads the Reichstag.
- The Reichstag is chosen by proportional representation.
- Instead of voting for an MP, Weimar Germans voted for a political party. They were allocated the number of seats exactly reflecting the number of votes they got.
- The Reichstag represents the German people.
- All over 20s could vote for the Reichstag and the President, who serves for 7 years.
- Article 48 could be used in an emergency.
- He could pass laws without consulting the Reichstag in an 'emergency'.