- Waves- Chapter 14 (2)
- Phase difference: Amount by which one oscillation leads or lags behind another. ( Measured in degrees).
- Wave energy: Particles in a wave never move along! They only oscillate at a fixed point. Each particle vibrates as it does pushes its neighbour transferring energy to it.
- INTENSITY: POWER/ CROSS SECTIONAL AREA
- Frequency of a sound wave can be measured using a cathode ray oscilloscope.
- Only transverse waves can be polarised
- A plane polarised wave has oscillations in only one plane.
- Wave speed= f*w=w/T