- Water supply or water shortage?
- The higher the temperature is the lower the rainfall will be
- Large amounts of water is needed for irrigation in agriculture. Agriculture is the biggest user of water compared to industrial or domestic
- If it has a dense population the demand for water is high. Richer countries use more water
- Aquifers in the desert can provide adequate water as the rocks hold water
- Access to river drainage basin (area that feeds water- rainfall in rivers)
- if an area has less than 500 mm of rainfall a year than it has a high chance of water shortage