- Walter Sisulu.
- Joined the ANC in 1940.
- Formed the ANC youth league in 1943.
- With Oliver Tambo and Mandela.
- Secretary-general and Deputy president of the ANC.
- Key figure in the spear of the nation.
- Key figure in the deface campaign - 1952.
- Represented the ANC abroad rallying support on an international scale.
- Was imprisoned at Robben Island for more that 25 years.
- Networked brilliantly around the world and in South Africa.
- He was the son of a white man, which caused controversy.
- He was tried at the Riviona Trial in 1963-64 which accused members of the ANC of sabotage (this caused his imprisonment for life).
Similar History resources: