- Type 2 diabetes
- What is it? Difficulty controlling blood sugar levels. Late on set diabetes.
- Causes: Not producing enough insulin or when cells are less sensitive to insulin. Certain people at risk - obese + old.
- Symptoms: Thirsty, Go toilet lots, Thrush, Tiredness, Weight loss, Blurred Vision. SYMPTOMS GRADUALLY GET WORSE.
- Treatment: Tablets - More responsive to insulin, - Increase production of insulin. - Injections in severe cases, Lifestyle: - Healthy eating, - Increase energy demand.
- PIESF: P - More exercise, Increased tiredness. I - Doesn't affect many people. E - Stressful, Self-conscious, Painful. S - Prepared wherever you go. F - Get benefits for severe forms.
Similar Health & Social Care resources: