- T.S Eliot
- Death- Eliot constantly refers to death. It's meaningless.
- Water- a sense of rebirth of modern life.
- Futility and sterility of modern life
- Sex and women- women are constantly being debased, meaningless sex.
- Love and passion
- Sacrifice- especially in The Hollowmen
- Society and modern life- how this changes, how views depends on actions- can use Prufrock
- Portrait of a Lady
- The love song of J Alfred Prufrock
- Rhapsody on a windy night
- THE WASTELAND
- Burial of the dead, A game of Chess, The fire Sermon, Death by Water and What the thunder said.
- Ariel poems
- The Journey of the Magi
- A song for Simeon
Similar English Literature resources: