- Created by: Nicvince
- Created on: 26-09-17 15:25
- Thomas Hardy's life
- 2 June 1840-11 Jan 1928
- His father was a stones man and builder. His mother passed on her love of reading to him.
- Hardy grew up isolated on the fields o the region. He grew up around rural life-basing many of his characters from this.
- He did an apprenticeship in architect.
- The poor man and the lady (1867-68) Desperate remedies (1871) Under the greenwood tree (1872)
- He was of Anglican religion. He wanted to bring religion to centre to give Wessex a strong identity.
- Hardy thought politicians were ineffective. Unconcerned about the welfare of the people.
- Hardy was a self-declared liberal.
Similar English Literature resources: