- Created by: laurenellxs2002
- Created on: 28-03-19 20:08
- Evil and the supernatural
- the witches' predictions encourage Macbeth to think wicked thoughts and carry out evil deeds.
- the witches' as well as predicting the future, controlling the weather and casting evil spells, discuss the wicked acts they carry out against ordinary men and women.
- nature is constantly disrupted, the opening of the play takes place in the middle of a thunderstorm and a further storm rages on the night of Duncan's murder
- contextually the powers of evil were thought to be absolutely real at this time; Hell was an actual place and the Devil a constant threat to souls
Similar English Literature resources: