- Created by: laurenellxs2002
- Created on: 28-03-19 20:20
- Appearances and reality
- the play is full of spirits, ghosts, optical illusions and visions,some of these are conjured up by the Witches, others are as a result of a guilty conscience following acts of wickedness.
- there are many examples of sleep and dreams, both Macbeth and his wife have trouble sleeping and are tormented by guilty dreams and Lady Macbeth regularly sleepwalks.
- king duncan is a guest in the Macbeth's home when they decide to murder him, rather than look after him as good hosts should do they send him to his grave.
- things are never quite what they seem, characters say one thing yet mean something else and use euphemisms to hide reality.