- The Weimar Constitution made Germany a Republic
- Reichsrat (Upper house- could delay measures passed by Reichstag)
- President: Elected every 7 years. Head of army. Chooses the Chancellor
- Reichstag- the new German parliament (elected by proportional respresentation)
- Proportional representation is where the number of seats a party wins in parliament is worked out as a proportion of the number of votes they win.
- This was the system in Germany + it often led to lots of political parties in the Reiichstag- making it harder to get laws passed
Similar History resources: