- The Walking on Water
- The authenticity of this sign has been questionedbby scholarsdue to translation confusion.
- epi tes thalasses - 'on the sea' or 'by the sea'
- It took place on the evening after the feeeding of the 5000
- The disciples boat was caught in bad weather, Jesus walked on the water to them and brought them back to shore.
- C.K.Barrett suggested this fulfilled Psalm ~ "He stilled the storm to a whisper: the waves of the sea were hushed, they were glad when it grew calm and he guided them to their desired haven."
- Joseph Grassi says it does not quite fulfil the same functions as the other signs - it may not be a sign at all.