- The walking on the water (6:16-24)
- questioned by scholars
- greek translation can be either 'on' or 'by' the sea and therefore is not considered to be a true miracle
- boat caught in bad weather
- calmed their fears and brought them to shore
- C.K.Barrett suggest a fulfilment of Psalm (107:29-30)
- smalley does not think of it as a sign
- "It is I, do not be afraid"
- Marsh puts it "I am, do not be afraid"
- "brought to their desired heaven" - this is Jesus' ministry
Similar Religious Studies resources: